Ideally, corporate events should be all about building great relationships and having fun. Moreover, it should be about saying a huge “thank you” to everyone in your team for their hard work and dedication. Many companies opt for a few drinks on a Friday, free meals for a week, or a fabulous Christmas party.
While all are great ideas, most events company would prefer to host something more fun and quirky. The good news is there is no shortage of unique, fun, and quirky team events you can try. They are all designed to help you achieve your event objectives while ensuring everyone will have a grand time.
Below are some of the quirky, fun, and exciting team event ideas many events companies would recommend:
- Flash Mobbing. Flash mobs are typically seen as dances but if some of your employees have two left feet, you can get creative and come up with other ways that you can take this awesome team building idea to the streets.
- Blindfolded Food Tasting. This team building event is considered one of the best ways to test your employees’ fear of the unknown. Also a popular video trend on YouTube, blindfolded food tasting will require that participants will sample food or beverages while being blindfolded. They also need to guess what the food item is. The options can be as wacky and weird as you please. However, make sure that you check for any allergies before finalizing anything.
- Sumo Wrestling. This is another quirky and unusual team building activity. Participants will have to wear a fat suit and allow their inner sumo wrestler to shine. Some event companies will provide everything you need to host a fun sumo battle including helmets, gloves, traps, mats, and suits.
- Inflatable Games. If sumo suits don’t appeal to you, consider hosting inflatable games. This can include basketball, slides, jousting, and a ball pit. Set up a playground of exciting inflatable games, hype up your employees, and let everyone enjoy a day of healthy workplace competition.
- Chariot Racing. This is yet another unusual team building activity you can add to your list. Without doubt, chariot racing can bring everyone in the team together in unconventional ways. Teams should also be required to build and design their own racing chariots and have people act as horses. The “horses” will put the chariot riders around a tricky obstacle course and have them fight for first place. You can make this even more competitive by awarding workplace perks as prizes like free lunch or a day off work.
- Outdoor Activities. If you want your employees to step outside and become one with nature, hosting outdoor activities is the way to go. Great outdoor activities can include white water rafting, tree climbing, and zip lining. Paddling trips would also be a great outdoor activity you can consider. A paddling trip will give participants the opportunity to enjoy a relaxing ride and scenery to experiencing the thrilling rapids.
- Circus Classes. If you are not a fan of the circus, this team building activity will most likely make you one. Take your employees to the circus and give them the opportunity to learn the best party tricks in the book. Circus classes being offered can include diablo, unicycling, juggling, trapeze, silks, acrobatics, trampolining, and tight wire. Often, no prior experience is required. This team building event idea will also provide every member of the team the perfect opportunity to learn a few cool and interesting skills with the rest of the team.
- Cocktail Creating and Alcohol Tasting. This is another fun team building activity people can enjoy. Set up a relaxing wine tour and tasting session through the best breweries or wineries or perhaps you can take the team to a class where they will learn how to create their own cocktails.