If you are into delicate drying processes like that of drying tiny parts and removing flammable solvents then a vacuum drying oven is what will help you. Drying in this oven is suggested because the low pressure environment inside causes limited oxidation. The range of working for a standard model of a vacuum oven is between 200°C to 250°C.
These ovens are generally quite versatile when it comes to usage. You can find them in laboratories and even in engineering research industries. If you are planning on buying a vacuum oven for industrial and commercial purposes then there are certain things that you need to keep in mind.
- You must look for a high-quality and quite rugged pressure chamber because the pressure difference is what separates this oven from other models.
- Gasket seals and pumps are other features that you need to look out for.
- Considering that this is a one-time investment you must only buy high-quality products from trusted sites.
- Apart from the practical features, also look into the ease of usage and maintenance. The programming controls and computer interface for the vacuum oven will be another deciding factor while you make the purchase.
- If you are looking for certain specialized features such as residual gas analysis in order to prevent over-drying or solvent recovery post-process then it is possible to get these done. If you plan on working with the drying of flammable solvents then make sure that the safety vacuum drying oven is a standard model with the approval for the mentioned functions.
- Next in line comes the volume capacity of the oven. You can get a model that provides you with 10L to 1000L capacity. So, based on the industry usage in your field of work, make sure you get the right make and model. The interiors of the oven are made up of corrosion-free stainless steel which is resistant to most acids and also has sliding shelves that make cleaning by electrolytic polishing easier.
It is possible to dry heat-sensitive materials in the vacuum oven at low temperatures where the rate of drying is quite high. All these features depend on the make and model you buy. Make sure that you get vacuum ovens from a nearby place so that servicing and replacing parts becomes easy. For better offers, do check LeDab vacuum ovens for sale.