- India’s largest commercial bank, State bank of India (SBI) offers attractive Fixed Deposit options online. SBI customers can open a Fixed Deposit account online from anywhere in the world.
- Opening SBI online FD is very easy for paying the term deposit that can be made with the help of net banking
- After opening an online SBI FD, the deposit can be renewed and closed online without visiting the bank
- SBI FD interest rates are high when compared to other banks and financial institutions
To avail the benefits of attractive SBI FD interest rate, open the SBI fixed deposit (FD) online in 10 easy steps:
- Use your personal details to log-in to SBI net banking (Register yourself for net banking if not done already).
- Click the tab e-TDR/e-STDR from the fixed deposit option. Click proceed to move ahead. (TDR= Term Deposit and STDR= Special Term Deposit).
- Choose the type of FD you want to invest in and click the tab ‘Proceed.’
- In case, if you have multiple bank accounts, then select the account from which the FD amount will be debited.
- Choose the principal value of the Fixed Deposit and fill it in the amount section.
- Choose the maturity date or the FD tenure
- For your term deposit account, choose the instructions on maturity.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click the tab to submit and proceed further.
- Click ok after the details of your fixed deposit appears on the screen.
- Note down the transaction number provided by the bank. Save the FD certificate as PDF for future reference.
SBI FD interest rate range from 2.90% – 5.40% for general customers. Senior citizens are offered the highest rates ranging from 3.40% to 6.20% depending on the FD tenure.
Conclusion: The State Bank of India offers atractive FD interest rates to both its general customers and senior citizens. Opening an FD account online is more convenient and hassle free then visiting the over crowded SBI branches.
MD: Learn how to open an online SBI fixed deposit in 10 easy steps to avail the benefit of atractive SBI FD interest rates.